Baked Pears with Ricotta, Walnuts & Cinnamon
Pears are in season and the nights are getting colder! This recipe is warm, delicious, quick to prepare and a great way to get the family to eat a piece of fruit – happy Foodie Friday!
- 4 large firm pears, halved
- 1 cup of of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (this is a lot so you can always reduce this quantity to taste)
- Serving options – honey, grated dark chocolate, Cadbury flake chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop out the seeds of the pears, leaving a small hole that can be stuffed with the ricotta mixture.
- Combine the ricotta, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the pear hollows.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pears are tender.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: A Dietitian’s Eats
Autumn Pear Salad
Foodie Friday is here, and with it, the recipe for this delicious Autumn pear salad! Pick up some fresh, juicy pears from us at the market this weekend and enjoy! See our web calendar for market dates.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely diced shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 1 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 7 oz Spring Salad & Spinach blend
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 Red Anjou Pears, sliced thin (Bartlett pears work fine too)
- 1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
Instructions for the vinaigrette dressing:
- To a blender add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, diced shallot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend mixture until well emulsified, about 20 seconds.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Instructions for the salad and candied walnuts:
- In a medium skillet melt butter along with brown sugar over medium heat.
- Once mixture has melted add walnuts and cook, stirring constantly until caramelized, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate in a single layer to cool.
- Layer lettuce and pears in a large bowl and toss with dressing, then top with parmesan, dried cranberries and candied pecans and serve.
- Note: top this salad with dressing just before serving, as it will wilt the lettuce after a while.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Cooking Classy
Pears Poached in Riesling and Vanilla
Autumn has arrived in Australia and our 2015 harvest is complete! With so many fresh, delicious pears now available, we’ll be bringing you our favourite pear recipes on ‘Foodie Friday’, starting with this weeks’ pears poached in Riesling and vanilla – a perfect autumn dessert.
- 500ml Riesling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel from one lemon
- 8 Berre Bosc or William pears
- 300ml softly whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsbp icing sugar
- Put all ingredients except the pears in a big wide pot and bring to a boil stirring for a few minutes to dissolve the sugar, then reduce to a simmer.
- Carefully peel your pears then put all together into the simmering liquid. If the pears are not fully covered, add equal quantities of water and wine to cover.
- Leave to cook for about 10 minutes if you have ripe pears, or 20 minutes for almost ripe pears. The point of a knife will pierce the pear easily into soft flesh once done. Carefully remove the cooked pears with a slotted spoon and put into a container, standing upright.
- Next boil the poaching liquid for 30 – 45 minutes until it is reduced to an aromatic syrup.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped vanilla cream – add 1 tsp vanilla paste and 1 tbsp icing sugar to 300 ml softly whipped cream and/or vanilla bean ice cream.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: From the Kitchen
Pear Ginger Spinach Detox Juice
Happy New Year Perry lovers! There’s no doubt you all spent the Holiday Season over-indulging in all things delicious, so for our first Friday Shake Up for 2015 we’re bringing you a detox juice!
This delicious detoxifying pear, ginger and spinach green juice is perfect for the morning after, so you can get stuck into 2015 minus the hangover!
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe pears, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- ½ a lemon
- Add all the ingredients to a juicer or blender and combine until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir then divide evenly between two glasses.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Hello Natural
Ginger Pear Bellini
Now that Santa’s left town it’s time to party, and if there’s one day to do a beverage right it’s New Year’s Eve! It’s not too late to stock up on Perry from our online shop, or for something a little different, try this Ginger Pear Bellini.
- 1 ripe pear
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4-inch piece of fresh ginger, quartered
- Puree pear in a food processor and set aside.
- Combine the water, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover, turn the heat off and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove ginger pieces, pour the syrup into the pear puree, stir, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Once cold, spoon about two tablespoons of the puree mixture into a champagne flute, top with champagne and enjoy!
- Cheers & Happy New Year!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Hello Natural
Pear Fizz Cocktail
In the spirit of the Holiday Season, this week we’re not waiting for Friday to shake things up! Instead, we’re bringing you this fun and fruity Pear Fizz Cocktail, just in time for Christmas Eve.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of pear juice (available from Paracombe Premium Perry)
- 1/3 cup of pear-flavoured liqueur
- 1 bottle of sparking wine (Prosecco, Champagne, Cava or sparking cider)
- 1 pear, pomegranate seeds and/or fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Combine pear juice and pear-flavoured liqueur in a pitcher. Stir together and chill in refrigerator until cold.
- Fill champagne glass 2/3 of the way with pear mixture, and then fill glass to top with sparking wine.
- Optional: Garnish each glass with thinly sliced pear wedges, pomegranate seeds, or a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Enjoy & Happy Holidays!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Best Friends for Frosting
Pear Vanilla Cocktail
It’s Friday night and we need a cocktail! Time to shake up your weekend with this week’s Paracombe Premium Perry Pear Vanilla Cocktail – delicious made with our Bosc pears!
- 1 ounce of vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce of pear vodka (or pear juice for a slightly sweeter cocktail)
- Club soda (to fill glass)
- ½ small Bosc pear
- Sanding sugar (for garnish)
- Fresh nutmeg
- Shaved ice
(NB: 1 ounce equals approx. two tablespoons)
- Process ice into a shaved-ice texture using a mixer/food processor.
- Use a pear slice to moisten glass rim and pour sanding sugar and freshly grated nutmeg onto a plate. Press the moistened rim into the sugar to coat it.
- Add the shaved ice to the glass. Pour vodkas (and/or pear juice) and club soda to fill.
- Slice Bosc pear rounds and position in glass and stir.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Swooned
Pear & Cranberry Bellini
It’s Friday! Time to shake up your weekend with this week’s Paracombe Premium Perry Pear & Cranberry Bellini – delicious made with our pear juice!
These pretty drinks pair well at holiday gatherings with great friends and a stocking full of good cheer!
- 1 cup pear juice (or nectar)
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 bottle Prosecco or other dry sparkling white wine
- In a small pitcher or large liquid measuring cup, combine pear nectar and cranberry juice cocktail.
- Pour ¼ cup juice mixture into each of the eight champagne glasses.
- Divided evenly, top with Prosecco or a dry sparkling white wine of your choice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Martha Stewart
Vanilla Pear Cocktail
It’s the weekend and we’re ready for a cocktail! How about you? Shake up your weekend with this week’s Paracombe Premium Perry Vanilla Pear Cocktail – delicious made with our pear juice and fresh pears!
Total time: 5 minutes
- 12 ounces pear juice
(available from Paracombe Premium Perry Market Stalls!)
- 6 ounces pear vodka
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Coarse sugar for rim
- Fresh pear slice for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, mix together the pear juice, vodka, and vanilla bean paste – and shake!
- Pour the cocktail into a glass with ice and a sugared rim.
- Garnish with a Paracombe pear slice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Red Envelope
Pear Rum Blush
Shake up your weekend with this week’s Paracombe Premium Perry pear cocktail, the Pear Rum Blush
– it’s delicious made with our pear juice!
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2-ounce pear juice
(available from Paracombe Premium Perry market stalls!)
- 3/4-ounce dark rum
- 1-tablespoon cherry grenadine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce prosecco
- Pear slice for garnish
- Pour the pear juice, rum, grenadine and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until the outside of the vessel is ice cold. Pour entire contents of shaker into a highball glass.
- Gently pour (or float) prosecco into the glass and garnish with a Paracombe pear slice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Eat Boutique