Baked Pears with Ricotta, Walnuts & Cinnamon
Pears are in season and the nights are getting colder! This recipe is warm, delicious, quick to prepare and a great way to get the family to eat a piece of fruit – happy Foodie Friday!
- 4 large firm pears, halved
- 1 cup of of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (this is a lot so you can always reduce this quantity to taste)
- Serving options – honey, grated dark chocolate, Cadbury flake chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180° and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop out the seeds of the pears, leaving a small hole that can be stuffed with the ricotta mixture.
- Combine the ricotta, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the pear hollows.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pears are tender.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: A Dietitian’s Eats