Warm Pear Cider in Pear Cups
It’s freezing in the Adelaide Hills today, with snow forecast for some parts of the state! With that in mind, today’s Foodie Friday is warm and delicious, and of course simple to make. You can pick up the pear juice and pears from Paracombe Premium Perry at a market stall near you!
- 3 1/2 cups pear nectar or juice
- 1 to 2 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 whole anise stars
- 3/4 cup tequila gold or reposado
- 4 to 6 pears
- Combine pear nectar or juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and anise stars in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add tequila and stir to incorporate.
- Cut off the pear tops and with a sharp knife, carefully outline a rim on your pear cups.
- With a melon baller or spoon, hollow out the pears, making sure to leave about 1/4 inch at the bottom and around the edges, creating a cup.
- Pour warm nectar into pear cups and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: Rook No. 17