Mulled Pear & Ginger
If you’re not a fan of mulled wine or fancy something different, this deeply spiced pear and rum drink will warm you up nicely this winter.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 litres Chamberlain Orchards Pear juice (Available from Paracombe Premium Perry, if you fancy something different!)
- 2 thumb-sized Ginger pieces, sliced
- 2 ripe Josephine pears, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus extra to serve
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 tbsp Light brown sugar
- Juice of 4 limes, zest of 2
- 500ml Bacardi Oro, or rum of your choice
- Pour the pear juice into your biggest pan then add the ginger, pears, cinnamon, cardamom and sugar.
- Add the zest and juice of the limes, bring everything to the boil and simmer until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve warm in glasses or mugs, with a good shot of spiced rum and a cinnamon stick.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Drinks Tube.