Mulled Perry with Fresh Fruit and Spiced Rum
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1L of Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1L of pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 orange
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup of spiced rum (more or less to your taste)
- Heat up the pear juice in a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- While the pear juice is heating up, cut the pear and orange into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the pear and orange slices to the warm apple juice.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to the juice.
- Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spiced rum and let it the mixture warm up (just until it’s hot enough to drink or else you’ll burn off all the alcohol!).
- Once it’s warm, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Cocktail adapted from Life Tastes Like Food