Posts Tagged ‘Champagne’
Pear Cardamom Flip Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe Pear, divided
- 8 medium sized mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon blueberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 22mls pear-cardamom syrup (see recipe below)
- 44mls light rum
- 22mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7mls fresh ginger juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ USA Pear, shaved w/ vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Instructions – for the syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add pear and cardamom.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Instructions – for the Cocktail
- Dice ¼ of the pear into ¼ inch cubes and place in rocks glass with blueberry liqueur, mint and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Cut another ¼ of pear into large chunks. Put in shaker and add bitters and pear-cardamom syrup. Muddle until pear is completely broken down. Add rum, lemon juice, ginger juice and egg white. Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to rocks glass with pear cubes.
- Strain cocktail into glass and garnish by standing a paper-thin slice of pear in froth.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org
Mulled Perry with Fresh Fruit and Spiced Rum
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1L of Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1L of pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 orange
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup of spiced rum (more or less to your taste)
- Heat up the pear juice in a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- While the pear juice is heating up, cut the pear and orange into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the pear and orange slices to the warm apple juice.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to the juice.
- Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spiced rum and let it the mixture warm up (just until it’s hot enough to drink or else you’ll burn off all the alcohol!).
- Once it’s warm, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Cocktail adapted from Life Tastes Like Food
Hot Perry Buttered Rum Cocktail
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup Butter, slightly softened but still firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Hot Perry, we recommend ‘The Triumph’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish (optional)
Buttered Rum Batter
- Cream together butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and vanilla, until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and honey. Mix well. Store batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
Hot Perry Buttered Rum
- Place 2 teaspoons of Buttered Rum Mix in a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and fill with hot Perry. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
Cocktail adapted from serenabakessimplyfromscratch.comadishofdailylife.com
Mulled Perry with Pears and Spices
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 large ripe pear
- 15g butter
- 500ml Perry, we recommend the ‘Mysterious One’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of half and orange
- Peel the pear and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook on a low heat until the pears are soft and tender.
- Place the Perry in a small stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Warm slowly on a low heat until the mixture is almost boiling, then lower the heat and keep warm.
- Divide the pears between two large glasses and pour over the mulled cider.
Cocktail adapted from cygnetkitchen.co.ukliquor.com
Cranberry Pear Prosecco Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- Chilled ArtWine Prosecco
- Cranberry juice
- Pear Juice, we recommend 100% Pear by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Pear slices
- Fill your flute halfway with chilled prosecco.
- With the remaining half of the flute, fill it 1/3 of the way up with cranberry juice, 1/3 of the way up with pear nectar and then add a splash of prosecco to the top. You’ll need a little space to add the pears, so don’t fill your flute up completely with prosecco.
- Add pear slices to the flute, fanning them out slightly
Cocktail adapted from adishofdailylife.com
French Pear Martini
Total Time: 3 mins
- 45mls Eau de Vie by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 45mls St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Champagne or Dry Perry, we recommend ‘Eighty 4’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Superfine sugar for rimming
- Rim a cocktail glass with superfine sugar.
- Pour the Eau de Vie and Liquor into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Top with Champagne.
Cocktail adapted from thespruce.com
Pear and Cranberry Cocktail
Total Time: 1hr 50mins
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) cranberries
- 1/2 ripe pear (Bartlett or Anjou), peeled + chopped (1 cup or 160 g)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup + more to taste (or sweeten with stevia to taste, plus more to taste)
- 750mls of Dry Perry, we recommend ‘Eighty 4’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- To prepare fruit compote/reduction, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and add cranberries, pear, orange zest, water and maple syrup to small baking dish. Toss to combine.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and most of the cranberries have burst. Transfer mixture to a food processor or small blender and blend/mix on high until a compote consistency is reached. If needed, add more water to thin.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more orange zest for citrusy flavor or maple syrup for sweetness.
- To remove any residual pulp and give the puree a smoother texture, work through a fine mesh strainer/sieve and into a serving container/jar. This is an optional step that makes the cocktail easier to mix.
- Transfer the compote to the refrigerator to chill – about 30 minutes to 1 hour or until cool to the touch.
- To serve, add about 2 Tbsp of the compote into serving glasses (champagne flutes are ideal). Top with a bit of Perry. Then use a spoon or stirrer to blend the two together. This will help the fruit mix with the Perry more seamlessly.
- Top with more Perry until the flutes or glasses are 3/4 full. Enjoy immediately! You will likely have leftover compote, which will keep for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Cocktail adapted from minimalistbaker.com
Apple and Pear Christmas Cocktail
Total Time: 5mins
330mls Pear Juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear Juice’ by Paracombe Premium Perry (chilled)
2 cups Cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry (chilled)
3 cups sparkling wine, we recommend Kersbrook Hill Wines ‘Cuvée’
- Combine juice and cider. Stir.
- Slowly add sparkling wine and serve chilled.
Cocktail adapted from yummly.com
Apple and Pear Sangria
Total Time: 4hrs 15mins
2 bottles of Cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
1/2 cup lemon liqueur
Zest of 2 lemons
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
1 Bartlett pear, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
350mls soda water
In a large pitcher, combine cider, lemon liqueur, lemon zest and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice, apple slices and pear slices and mix well.
Place pitcher in refrigerator for 4 hours to chill and allow flavors to blend. Just before serving, top sangria off with soda water.
You can also strain sangria after chilling to remove lemon zest, if desired.
Cocktail adapted from lovegrowswild.com
Total Time: 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- 1 cup chilled Perry, we recommend ‘Eighty 4’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- A few dashes bitters
- Pour 1 tablespoon Cognac into each of 2 Champagne flutes. Top each with 1/2 cup chilled Perry and finish with a few dashes bitters.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart