Grilled Ham & Cheese with Pear
This Foodie Friday we’re putting a spin on an old favourite – Grilled Ham & Cheese! Adding fruit makes it healthy right? So we’re proposing the grilled ham & cheese sandwich with pear! It may seem like a strange combination at first, but trust us – the salty taste of the cheese and ham combined with the sweet taste of the pear is a match made in heaven!
Serves: 2 (2 Sandwiches)
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 250 grams cheese (we love Woodside Cheese Wrights!)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 250 grams deli ham, thinly sliced
- Layer 4 slices of sandwich bread with about 250 grams of melting cheese, 1 thinly sliced pear, and 250 grams of thinly sliced deli ham; top each with bread.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Spread the outside of both bread slices with butter.
- Cook sandwiches in batches (if necessary) until golden and cheese is melted, flipping once, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of: Martha Stewart