Posts Tagged ‘Lemon Bergamot Pear’
Eve’s Addiction Cocktail
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 5 1/2 cups Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Rind and 1/4 cup juice from 1 large orange
- 1 lemon bergamot pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small orange, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Place allspice, peppercorns, cloves, coriander and cinnamon in a medium saucepan . Cook, stirring, over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in Perry, orange rind and juice, bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to lowest setting and allow cider to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids. Return Perry to saucepan and add pear pieces, clementine slices and cranberries. Simmer medium-low heat until pears are fork tender but still retain their shape and cranberries are plump, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Recipe adapted from seriouseats.com