Easy Peasy Perry Pork
Paracombe Premium Perry shares a simple easy peasy ‘Perry Pork’ recipe this Foodie Friday, which is, as the name suggests, easy to make for friends and family and uses a bottle of Paracombe Premium Perry too!
Total Time: 15 mins to prep & 45 mins to cook
- 2 – 4 Pork Loin Steaks
- 1 Bottle of Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 Pears
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 1 White Onion
- 200ml Water
- 10ml Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Add the pork loin steaks to a deep oven dish, along with one peeled and cut pear and pour half of the bottle of the Paracombe Premium Perry in, so the steaks are covered. Sprinkle 25g of brown sugar on top. Cook for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time, chop the onion and one pear (skin off) and add to a warm frying pan containing the olive oil.
- Once the onion has started to sizzle, add 75g brown sugar and the water. Turn the heat down and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes in the oven, take the pork out and turn over. Add the caramalised onion & pear slices and put back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Sit back and relax for 15 minutes with the rest of the Paracombe Premium Perry!
- Check pork is thoroughly cooked before serving with thick cut potato chips, or whatever takes your fancy.
Recipe courtesy of: Tesco Real Food