Warm Pear & Roast Vegetable Salad
Today’s winter warming Foodie Friday recipe combines the sweetness of warm baked pears with root vegetables. Enjoy as a meal in itself with a little of your favourite cheese on top (blue cheese is delicious with this!) or, serve as a tasty side salad at dinner.
- 1 bunch beetroot
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 beurre bosc pears, sliced into wedges
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 large carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch English spinach, picked, washed, chopped
- 150g fetta or blue cheese
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Trim and wash each beetroot and wrap in foil. Place in oven.
- Halve tomatoes horizontally and place in a small baking try. Sprinkle with sugar, chilli, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of olive oil.
- Cut pears and remaining vegetables into wedges and combine in a large roasting dish. Toss with salt and pepper and remaining olive oil. Roast in same oven for 30 minutes.
- Add spinach on top of vegetables and cook another 5-10 minutes or until wilted.
- Peel beetroot and cut into wedges. Toss all vegetables together in a large serving bowl and scatter with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of: Ninemsn Food