Apple and Pear White Sangria
This apple and pear white sangria is the perfect beverage to sip on in Autumn!
Total Time: 4.5 hours, including chill time
- 1 bottle sweet fruity white wine – try Moscato
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from two lemons)
- 1 Golden Delicious or Granny Smith apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 Chamberlain Orchard Bartlett pear, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups soda water
- For extra sweetness, add ½ to 1 bottle of sweet Paracombe Premium Perry, try as you go
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, brandy, lemon zest, and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice, apple slices, pear slices and mix well.
- Place pitcher in refrigerator for 4 hours to chill and allow flavours to blend.
- Just before serving, top sangria off with Perry and soda water. You can also strain sangria after chilling to remove lemon zest, if desired.
Adapted from a Family Circle recipe and Love Grows Wild.