Mulled Perry with Pears and Spices
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 large ripe pear
- 15g butter
- 500ml Perry, we recommend the ‘Mysterious One’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of half and orange
- Peel the pear and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook on a low heat until the pears are soft and tender.
- Place the Perry in a small stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Warm slowly on a low heat until the mixture is almost boiling, then lower the heat and keep warm.
- Divide the pears between two large glasses and pour over the mulled cider.
Cocktail adapted from cygnetkitchen.co.ukliquor.com