Perry Glazed Turkey Breast
Total Time: 2hrs 55mins (20mins Prep, 2hrs 35mins Cook)
Serves: 6 – 8
2 – 2.5kg turkey breast
½ cup sage leaves, minced
1/4 cup butter
4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion
6 cloves garlic
2 cups Paracombe Premium Perry ‘The Berg’
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons milk
¼ cup Paracombe Premium Perry ‘The Berg’ or chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the turkey breast, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a food processor, combine the butter, sage, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Process to make a paste. Gently loosen the skin from the meat with your fingers and smear half of the paste directly on the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Cover and let sit overnight to marinade.
- In a sauce pan combine 1½ cups Perry with honey. Bring to a boil and let reduce to ½ cup. When it cools it will become a syrup.
- Pour ½ cup Perry into the bottom of the roasting pan. Brush the turkey breast with spiced apple cider glaze. Roast the turkey for 1¾ to 2 hours, turning half-way and basting again with glaze, until the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest areas of the breast. If the skin is over-browning, tent with aluminum foil. When the turkey is done, transfer to a platter and cover with foil and allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the turkey is resting strain the drippings into a sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together. It will come together like a blob and the excess grease with remain separate. Carefully pour out the excess grease. Return to the burner and whisk in vinegar and milk, add Perry or chicken stock until you reach desired consistency.
- Slice turkey breast and serve with gravy.
Recipe adapted from theonshery