Posts Tagged ‘Easter 2015’
Poached Pears with Dark Chocolate Sauce
There’s only one thing to do on Foodie Friday on the Easter long weekend, cook pears with chocolate! This quick and easy recipe is in-season, delicious, and perfect for your Easter celebrations!
Total Time: 30 mins
- 4 Beurre bosc pears
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp Frangelico liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, caster sugar and cinnamon to the boil.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stems intact.
- Place the pears in the sugar syrup, return to the boil and immediately remove from the heat and set aside to cool. The remaining heat will continue to cook the pear.
- In a small pan, heat the cream, cinnamon and butter and remove from the heat just before it boils.
- Whisk in the dark chocolate and Frangelico until the chocolate is entirely melted and you have chocolate sauce.
- Serve one pear per guest with the chocolate sauce drizzled over the top.
Recipe courtesy of: Kidspot Kitchen