Posts Tagged ‘Christmas Eve’
Maple Perry Cherry Whiskey
- 30mls of whiskey
- 1/3 cup Paracombe Premium Perry ‘Eighty 4’
- 2 tablespoons of homemade cherry syrup with some whole cherries added in (recipe below)
For the Cherry Syrup
- 230g of Cherries
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Add sauce ingredients to a pot on the stove. Stir. Cover with a lid and cook on medium, occasionally lifting the lid to stir. After several minutes, the cherries should soften and it should be easy to lightly mash them.
- Allow to cook for another five minutes and cool.
- Add ice and whiskey to a small glass.
- Spoon in cherries and syrup and top with Perry.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Swooned Magazine
Pear Fizz Cocktail
In the spirit of the Holiday Season, this week we’re not waiting for Friday to shake things up! Instead, we’re bringing you this fun and fruity Pear Fizz Cocktail, just in time for Christmas Eve.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of pear juice (available from Paracombe Premium Perry)
- 1/3 cup of pear-flavoured liqueur
- 1 bottle of sparking wine (Prosecco, Champagne, Cava or sparking cider)
- 1 pear, pomegranate seeds and/or fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Combine pear juice and pear-flavoured liqueur in a pitcher. Stir together and chill in refrigerator until cold.
- Fill champagne glass 2/3 of the way with pear mixture, and then fill glass to top with sparking wine.
- Optional: Garnish each glass with thinly sliced pear wedges, pomegranate seeds, or a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Enjoy & Happy Holidays!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Best Friends for Frosting