Posts Tagged ‘Prosecco’
Pear Cardamom Flip Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe Pear, divided
- 8 medium sized mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon blueberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 22mls pear-cardamom syrup (see recipe below)
- 44mls light rum
- 22mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7mls fresh ginger juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ USA Pear, shaved w/ vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Instructions – for the syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add pear and cardamom.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Instructions – for the Cocktail
- Dice ¼ of the pear into ¼ inch cubes and place in rocks glass with blueberry liqueur, mint and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Cut another ¼ of pear into large chunks. Put in shaker and add bitters and pear-cardamom syrup. Muddle until pear is completely broken down. Add rum, lemon juice, ginger juice and egg white. Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to rocks glass with pear cubes.
- Strain cocktail into glass and garnish by standing a paper-thin slice of pear in froth.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org
Mulled Perry with Fresh Fruit and Spiced Rum
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1L of Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1L of pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 orange
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup of spiced rum (more or less to your taste)
- Heat up the pear juice in a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- While the pear juice is heating up, cut the pear and orange into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the pear and orange slices to the warm apple juice.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to the juice.
- Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spiced rum and let it the mixture warm up (just until it’s hot enough to drink or else you’ll burn off all the alcohol!).
- Once it’s warm, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Cocktail adapted from Life Tastes Like Food
Hot Perry Buttered Rum Cocktail
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup Butter, slightly softened but still firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Hot Perry, we recommend ‘The Triumph’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish (optional)
Buttered Rum Batter
- Cream together butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and vanilla, until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and honey. Mix well. Store batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
Hot Perry Buttered Rum
- Place 2 teaspoons of Buttered Rum Mix in a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and fill with hot Perry. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
Cocktail adapted from serenabakessimplyfromscratch.comadishofdailylife.com
Mulled Perry with Pears and Spices
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 large ripe pear
- 15g butter
- 500ml Perry, we recommend the ‘Mysterious One’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of half and orange
- Peel the pear and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook on a low heat until the pears are soft and tender.
- Place the Perry in a small stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Warm slowly on a low heat until the mixture is almost boiling, then lower the heat and keep warm.
- Divide the pears between two large glasses and pour over the mulled cider.
Cocktail adapted from cygnetkitchen.co.ukliquor.com
Cranberry Pear Prosecco Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- Chilled ArtWine Prosecco
- Cranberry juice
- Pear Juice, we recommend 100% Pear by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Pear slices
- Fill your flute halfway with chilled prosecco.
- With the remaining half of the flute, fill it 1/3 of the way up with cranberry juice, 1/3 of the way up with pear nectar and then add a splash of prosecco to the top. You’ll need a little space to add the pears, so don’t fill your flute up completely with prosecco.
- Add pear slices to the flute, fanning them out slightly
Cocktail adapted from adishofdailylife.com