Pear Cardamom Flip Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe Pear, divided
- 8 medium sized mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon blueberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 22mls pear-cardamom syrup (see recipe below)
- 44mls light rum
- 22mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7mls fresh ginger juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ USA Pear, shaved w/ vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Instructions – for the syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add pear and cardamom.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Instructions – for the Cocktail
- Dice ¼ of the pear into ¼ inch cubes and place in rocks glass with blueberry liqueur, mint and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Cut another ¼ of pear into large chunks. Put in shaker and add bitters and pear-cardamom syrup. Muddle until pear is completely broken down. Add rum, lemon juice, ginger juice and egg white. Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to rocks glass with pear cubes.
- Strain cocktail into glass and garnish by standing a paper-thin slice of pear in froth.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org