Posts Tagged ‘Adelaide’
Pear Cardamom Flip Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe Pear, divided
- 8 medium sized mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon blueberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 22mls pear-cardamom syrup (see recipe below)
- 44mls light rum
- 22mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7mls fresh ginger juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ USA Pear, shaved w/ vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Instructions – for the syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add pear and cardamom.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Instructions – for the Cocktail
- Dice ¼ of the pear into ¼ inch cubes and place in rocks glass with blueberry liqueur, mint and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Cut another ¼ of pear into large chunks. Put in shaker and add bitters and pear-cardamom syrup. Muddle until pear is completely broken down. Add rum, lemon juice, ginger juice and egg white. Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to rocks glass with pear cubes.
- Strain cocktail into glass and garnish by standing a paper-thin slice of pear in froth.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org
Mulled Perry with Fresh Fruit and Spiced Rum
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1L of Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1L of pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 orange
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup of spiced rum (more or less to your taste)
- Heat up the pear juice in a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- While the pear juice is heating up, cut the pear and orange into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the pear and orange slices to the warm apple juice.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to the juice.
- Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spiced rum and let it the mixture warm up (just until it’s hot enough to drink or else you’ll burn off all the alcohol!).
- Once it’s warm, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Cocktail adapted from Life Tastes Like Food
Pork sausages with Perry lentils
Preparation and Cooking Time: 60mins
2 cups (400g) green lentils, rinsed, drained
2 tbs olive oil
8 thick pork sausages
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Beurre Bosc pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
1 small bunch thyme
1 bay leaf
1 1/3 cups Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
1 1/3 cups (330ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, then set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook the sausages, turning, for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Increase heat to medium, add the pear, thyme and bay leaf, then season. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the Perry and stock, then bring to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Return the sausages to the pan with the celery and lentils, then cook for 4-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Ladle lentil mixture among serving plates and top with the sausages.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
Hot Perry Buttered Rum Cocktail
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup Butter, slightly softened but still firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Hot Perry, we recommend ‘The Triumph’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish (optional)
Buttered Rum Batter
- Cream together butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and vanilla, until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and honey. Mix well. Store batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
Hot Perry Buttered Rum
- Place 2 teaspoons of Buttered Rum Mix in a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and fill with hot Perry. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
Cocktail adapted from serenabakessimplyfromscratch.comadishofdailylife.com
Pork and fennel pie filling with Perry
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1hr 55mins
750g Australian Pork Belly Roast Boneless, rind removed, cut into 3cm pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek, pale section only, thickly sliced
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
1 large fennel, trimmed reserving fronds, cut into wedges
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ground fennel or fennel seeds
1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
375ml of dry Perry, we recommend ‘The Triumph’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
1 lemon, zested, juiced
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 140°C. Heat a large flameproof casserole pan over medium heat. Cook the pork, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl.
Add oil to the pan. Cook leek, onion, fennel and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add ground fennel or fennel seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Return pork to pan. Stir in mustard, Perry and stock. Bring to the boil. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Cover and bake, stirring occasionally, for 1½ hours or until pork is very tender.
Chop reserved fennel fronds. Add to pan with the parsley. Season. Set aside to cool. Freeze the pie filling in airtight containers for up to 3 months, if desired.
If using a slow cooker – Add browned pork to the slow cooker with remaining ingredients except fennel fronds and parsley. Cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low).
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
Mulled Perry with Pears and Spices
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 large ripe pear
- 15g butter
- 500ml Perry, we recommend the ‘Mysterious One’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of half and orange
- Peel the pear and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook on a low heat until the pears are soft and tender.
- Place the Perry in a small stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Warm slowly on a low heat until the mixture is almost boiling, then lower the heat and keep warm.
- Divide the pears between two large glasses and pour over the mulled cider.
Cocktail adapted from cygnetkitchen.co.ukliquor.com
Cranberry Pear Prosecco Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- Chilled ArtWine Prosecco
- Cranberry juice
- Pear Juice, we recommend 100% Pear by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Pear slices
- Fill your flute halfway with chilled prosecco.
- With the remaining half of the flute, fill it 1/3 of the way up with cranberry juice, 1/3 of the way up with pear nectar and then add a splash of prosecco to the top. You’ll need a little space to add the pears, so don’t fill your flute up completely with prosecco.
- Add pear slices to the flute, fanning them out slightly
Cocktail adapted from adishofdailylife.com
Roasted Pears with Chocolate Sauce and Coffee Ice Cream
Preparation and Cooking Time: 40mins
1/2 vanilla bean
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 large firm-ripe pears (1 pound)
115g bittersweet chocolate
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup brewed coffee
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees C. With tip of knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Set seeds aside (reserve bean for another use).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until golden brown and fragrant. Stir in vanilla seeds. Add pears, cut-side down, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned on bottom. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until pears are just tender. Cool pears in pan to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwavable bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on medium (50 percent power) 1 1⁄2 minutes; whisk until smooth. In a saucepan, bring coffee, milk, and corn syrup just to a boil. Whisk coffee mixture into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Serve Roasted Pears with Chocolate Sauce and ice cream.
Recipe adapted from delish.com
Millionaire Pear Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Lemon Bergamot pear, sliced
- 15mls fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 22mls Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 22mls vodka
- 10mls vanilla-infused simple syrup
- Mandarin blossom vodka, such as Absolut Mandarin
- Finely ground fresh black pepper
- Dip the rim of a chilled cocktail glass in sugar and set aside.
- In a shaker, muddle pear slices with lemon juice. Fill with ice, add Eau De Vie, vodka and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into the sugar-rimmed glass.
- Add a float of mandarin blossom vodka and a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper.
Vanilla-Infused Simple Syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1/2 fresh plump vanilla bean, split and scrape
Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla bean and seeds.
Cover and let sit for 20 minutes. Strain and chill.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org
Perry Roasted Pears and Cider Poached Apples
Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 4 semi-ripe Williams pears
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg‘ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1/2 cup Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1/2 cup Cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche‘ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 large Fuji apple, cored and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Cinnamon, for dusting
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Quarter and core the pears; dust generously with confectioners’ sugar. In a large, ovenproof nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the pears, cut sides down, and cook over high heat until richly browned, 10 minutes.
- Turn the pears skin sides down. Pour in the Perry. Roast the pears in the oven until the pears are tender and the Perry has reduced to a syrup, about 18 minutes. Transfer the pears to a platter.
- Meanwhile, add the Eau De Vie de Poire Williams to the skillet and boil for about 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Add the cider and bring to a boil. Add the apple slices, cover and simmer over low heat, turning once, until the apple slices are translucent, about 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer until the cider has reduced to a syrup. Spoon the apples into shallow bowls and top them with the pear wedges. Dust with cinnamon and serve with whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from foodandwine.com