Posts Tagged ‘Bubbles’
French Pear Martini
Total Time: 3 mins
- 45mls Eau de Vie by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 45mls St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Champagne or Dry Perry, we recommend ‘Eighty 4’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Superfine sugar for rimming
- Rim a cocktail glass with superfine sugar.
- Pour the Eau de Vie and Liquor into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Top with Champagne.
Cocktail adapted from thespruce.com
Pear and Eau de Vie Cocktail
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 ripe pear
- 1 lemon juiced
- 75ml Eau de Vie by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 25ml hazelnut liqueur
- handful of ice
- 500ml basket pressed pear juice by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Put the pear through a spiralizer to create long spaghetti-like strands. If you don’t have a spiralizer, slice the pear into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler, then cut the ribbons into thinner strips.
- Line up 4 tumblers and put 3-4 strands of pear in each one. Divide the lemon juice between the glasses to coat the pear strands and stop them discolouring while you make the cocktail.
- Pour the Eau de Vie and hazelnut liqueur into a cocktail shaker. Add a handful of ice and shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker starts to frost, then strain into the glasses. Top with the pressed pear juice divided between the 4 glasses.
Cocktail adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
Total Time: 2hrs
- 990mls cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 120mls Grand Marnier
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 cups sliced rockmelon
- 2 cups sliced honeydew
- 1/2 inch ginger root, peeled but not sliced
Combine all sliced fruit, ginger root, cider and Grand Marnier in mason jar or other resealable container. Refrigerate for two hours.
After two hours, remove and discard the ginger root. Pour the fruit and alcohol mixture into a pitcher. Add 2 cups of ice to mixture.
Serve in wine glasses.
Cocktail adapted from seriouseats.com
Apples and Pears Cocktail
Total Time: 5mins
- 45mls Vodka
- 45mls Pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear Juice’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 22mls Vanilla-Nutmeg Syrup
- 15mls Fresh lime juice
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- 30mls Cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Add all the ingredients except the cider to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a double Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with the cider and garnish with an apple slice and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg.
Cocktail adapted from liquor.com
Pom Poire Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 60mls pomegranate juice
- 60mls ginger liqueur
- 30mls apple brandy
- 60mls original Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the pomegranate juice, ginger liqueur and apple brandy. Shake until well-chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain evenly into two coupe glasses.
- Top each glass with 30mls of Perry and serve.
Cocktail adapted from seriouseats.com
Perry, Cranberry and Ginger Punch
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2/3 cup chilled ginger beer, we recommend ‘ROOT.E.D.’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons gin, if desired
- Muddle cranberries with sugar in a pitcher. Add Perry, ginger beer, lemon juice and gin if desired.
- Divide among 4 glasses.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Sparkling Perry Cinnamon Cocktail
- 1 cup Chamberlain Orchards pear juice
- 1 bottle Perfect 5 by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1/4 cup Bacardi gold rum
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Splash of soda water
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a large cocktail shaker or jar with lid, combine pear juice, perry, rum, syrup and lemon juice. Add two cups of ice and shake again.
- Pour into large wine glasses, top with splash of soda water and garnish with cinnamon and lemon.
- For syrup: combine water, sugar and sticks in a medium saucepan. Heat until sugar has completely melted. Set aside and cool.
Recipe adapted from Virtually Homemade
Perry Cocktail – Young Buck
For the Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 15g dried hibiscus flowers
For the Cocktail
- 85mls ginger beer
- 170mls Paracombe Premium Perry ‘The Triumph’
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus simple syrup (recipe below)
- dried hibiscus flower for garnish 1/4 cup water
- To make the hibiscus simple syrup, combine the sugar, water and hibiscus flowers in a small pan. Turn heat to medium and stir until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture has reduced slightly, five to seven minutes. Remove from heat, strain to remove hibiscus and let cool. (Can be bottled and refrigerated up to 3 weeks.)
- To make the cocktail, fill a pilsner glass with ice. Add ginger beer to the glass. Slowly pour the Perry on top of ginger beer. There should be a nice separation between the ginger beer and the Perry. Drizzle the hibiscus simple syrup on top of the Perry. Garnish with a dried hibiscus flower and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from seriouseats.com
Eau de Vie Poire Cocktail
- blood orange bitters
- 30mls Paracombe Premium Perry Eau de vie de Poire Williams
- 30mls rye
- Paracombe Premium Perry ‘Eight 4’
- Pear slices, as garnish
- In a champagne glass add a splash of bitters. Swirl around the glass. Pour the remainder into another glass to use for another cocktail.
- Add the eau de vie and rye to the champagne glass and stir.
- Top off the glass with Perry.
- Garnish with a pear slice.
Recipe adapted from Chezus.
90mls freshly squeezed orange juice
90mls Perry – Paracombe Premium Perry ‘Eighty 4’
1 teaspoon Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur (optional)
Garnish: Small orange wedge
- Before building the cocktail, make sure the orange juice and Perry are both well chilled.
- Pour 90mls of orange juice into Champagne flute. Add ginger liqueur to the orange juice and stir well.
- Tilt the flute on an angle and fill with 90mls Perry.
- Gently stir, garnish with orange wedge, and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Seriouseats