Posts Tagged ‘Fizz’
Apple and Pear Christmas Cocktail
Total Time: 5mins
330mls Pear Juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear Juice’ by Paracombe Premium Perry (chilled)
2 cups Cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry (chilled)
3 cups sparkling wine, we recommend Kersbrook Hill Wines ‘Cuvée’
- Combine juice and cider. Stir.
- Slowly add sparkling wine and serve chilled.
Cocktail adapted from yummly.com
Perry, Cranberry and Ginger Punch
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2/3 cup chilled ginger beer, we recommend ‘ROOT.E.D.’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons gin, if desired
- Muddle cranberries with sugar in a pitcher. Add Perry, ginger beer, lemon juice and gin if desired.
- Divide among 4 glasses.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
Sparkling Perry Cinnamon Cocktail
- 1 cup Chamberlain Orchards pear juice
- 1 bottle Perfect 5 by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1/4 cup Bacardi gold rum
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Splash of soda water
Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a large cocktail shaker or jar with lid, combine pear juice, perry, rum, syrup and lemon juice. Add two cups of ice and shake again.
- Pour into large wine glasses, top with splash of soda water and garnish with cinnamon and lemon.
- For syrup: combine water, sugar and sticks in a medium saucepan. Heat until sugar has completely melted. Set aside and cool.
Recipe adapted from Virtually Homemade
Perry, Mustard & Herb Chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
750g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
2 onions, thickly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
400ml ‘Perfect 5’ Paracombe Premium Perry
175g half-fat crème fraîche
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
small pack parsley, chopped
few thyme sprigs, leaves picked, about ½ tbsp.
cooked rice and Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large lidded non-stick pan (we used a wide, high-sided frying pan) and cook the chicken for 3-4 mins on each side until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, then add the onions to the pan. Cook for 3 mins, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the Perry and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, remove the lid and stir in the crème fraîche, mustard and herbs. Bubble for another 5 mins, then season. Serve with rice and Tenderstem broccoli.
Recipe adapted from Good Food magazine, February 2014
Winter Pear, Apple and Cranberry Sangria
Total Time: 10 mins prep + chill time
- 1 bottle (750mL) sparkling wine, or try with two bottles of sweet Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Chamberlain Orchard Bartlett pear, cored, halved, and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Chop fruit and combine with cranberries and cinnamon stick in bottom of pitcher.
- Combine liquid and cinnamon. Pour over fruit. Stir well.
- Chill for a few hours or overnight. Stir again.
Recipe adapted from Luci’s Morsels.
Photo by Luci’s Morsels.
Ginger Pear Bellini
Now that Santa’s left town it’s time to party, and if there’s one day to do a beverage right it’s New Year’s Eve! It’s not too late to stock up on Perry from our online shop, or for something a little different, try this Ginger Pear Bellini.
- 1 ripe pear
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4-inch piece of fresh ginger, quartered
- Puree pear in a food processor and set aside.
- Combine the water, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cover, turn the heat off and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove ginger pieces, pour the syrup into the pear puree, stir, cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Once cold, spoon about two tablespoons of the puree mixture into a champagne flute, top with champagne and enjoy!
- Cheers & Happy New Year!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Hello Natural
Pear Fizz Cocktail
In the spirit of the Holiday Season, this week we’re not waiting for Friday to shake things up! Instead, we’re bringing you this fun and fruity Pear Fizz Cocktail, just in time for Christmas Eve.
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of pear juice (available from Paracombe Premium Perry)
- 1/3 cup of pear-flavoured liqueur
- 1 bottle of sparking wine (Prosecco, Champagne, Cava or sparking cider)
- 1 pear, pomegranate seeds and/or fresh rosemary to garnish (optional)
- Combine pear juice and pear-flavoured liqueur in a pitcher. Stir together and chill in refrigerator until cold.
- Fill champagne glass 2/3 of the way with pear mixture, and then fill glass to top with sparking wine.
- Optional: Garnish each glass with thinly sliced pear wedges, pomegranate seeds, or a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Enjoy & Happy Holidays!
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Best Friends for Frosting