Posts Tagged ‘Happy Holidays’
Pear Cardamom Flip Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 ripe Pear, divided
- 8 medium sized mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon blueberry liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 22mls pear-cardamom syrup (see recipe below)
- 44mls light rum
- 22mls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 7mls fresh ginger juice
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ USA Pear, shaved w/ vegetable peeler
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
Instructions – for the syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil in small pot.
- Remove from heat and add pear and cardamom.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain and chill.
Instructions – for the Cocktail
- Dice ¼ of the pear into ¼ inch cubes and place in rocks glass with blueberry liqueur, mint and brandy. Stir to combine.
- Cut another ¼ of pear into large chunks. Put in shaker and add bitters and pear-cardamom syrup. Muddle until pear is completely broken down. Add rum, lemon juice, ginger juice and egg white. Fill with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice cubes to rocks glass with pear cubes.
- Strain cocktail into glass and garnish by standing a paper-thin slice of pear in froth.
Cocktail adapted from usapears.org
Mulled Perry with Fresh Fruit and Spiced Rum
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1L of Perry, we recommend ‘The Berg’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1L of pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 orange
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup of spiced rum (more or less to your taste)
- Heat up the pear juice in a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- While the pear juice is heating up, cut the pear and orange into 1/2 inch slices.
- Add the pear and orange slices to the warm apple juice.
- Then add the cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to the juice.
- Turn the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the spiced rum and let it the mixture warm up (just until it’s hot enough to drink or else you’ll burn off all the alcohol!).
- Once it’s warm, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Cocktail adapted from Life Tastes Like Food
Hot Perry Buttered Rum Cocktail
Total Time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup Butter, slightly softened but still firm
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Hot Perry, we recommend ‘The Triumph’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Cinnamon Sticks For Garnish (optional)
Buttered Rum Batter
- Cream together butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and vanilla, until well combined.
- Add brown sugar and honey. Mix well. Store batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
Hot Perry Buttered Rum
- Place 2 teaspoons of Buttered Rum Mix in a mug, add 1 shot of Rum and fill with hot Perry. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
Cocktail adapted from serenabakessimplyfromscratch.comadishofdailylife.com
Mulled Perry with Pears and Spices
Total Time: 15 mins
- 1 large ripe pear
- 15g butter
- 500ml Perry, we recommend the ‘Mysterious One’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- juice of half and orange
- Peel the pear and chop into bite size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan and add the pears.
- Cook on a low heat until the pears are soft and tender.
- Place the Perry in a small stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, cloves, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Warm slowly on a low heat until the mixture is almost boiling, then lower the heat and keep warm.
- Divide the pears between two large glasses and pour over the mulled cider.
Cocktail adapted from cygnetkitchen.co.ukliquor.com
Cranberry Pear Prosecco Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- Chilled ArtWine Prosecco
- Cranberry juice
- Pear Juice, we recommend 100% Pear by Paracombe Premium Perry
- Pear slices
- Fill your flute halfway with chilled prosecco.
- With the remaining half of the flute, fill it 1/3 of the way up with cranberry juice, 1/3 of the way up with pear nectar and then add a splash of prosecco to the top. You’ll need a little space to add the pears, so don’t fill your flute up completely with prosecco.
- Add pear slices to the flute, fanning them out slightly
Cocktail adapted from adishofdailylife.com
Tuscan Pear Cocktail
Total Time: 3 mins
- 45mls Eau De Vie de Poire Williams by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 25mls limoncello
- 25mls ginger liqueur
- 15mls simple syrup
- 45mls orange juice
- Garnish: mint leaves
- Garnish: dried pears
- Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass rimmed with sugar and filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and dried pears.
Cocktail adapted from thespruceeats.com
Citrus Marinated Turkey
Preparation and Cooking Time: 6hrs 30mins
- 3.8L water
- 2 cups apple cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche‘ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 7kg fresh turkey (giblets and neck reserved)
- 10 roasted garlic cloves (see Note)
- 10 raw garlic cloves
- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons annatto paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 9 cups chicken or turkey stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Reserved turkey giblets and neck (liver discarded)
- 3 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 10 roasted garlic cloves (see Note)
- 8 black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a very large bowl, stir the water, apple cider, kosher salt and sugar until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Line a stock pot with a large, sturdy doubled plastic bag. Put the turkey in the bag, neck first. Pour in the brine and seal the bag, pressing out as much air as possible. Brine the turkey in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and discard the brine. Pat the turkey dry and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. In a blender, combine the roasted garlic with the 10 raw garlic cloves, the vegetable oil, orange juice, cider vinegar, kosher salt, lime juice, oregano, chipotles, annatto paste, cumin and allspice. Puree until smooth. Slather the turkey inside and out with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Lift the turkey out of the marinade and set on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush the breast with some of the marinade. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the stock into the bottom of the pan and cover the turkey very loosely with foil. Roast the turkey for 2 hours. Remove the foil and add another 1 1/2 cups of the stock to the pan. Continue roasting for about 2 1/2 hours longer, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 175°.
- In a large saucepan, heat the canola oil. Add the giblets and neck and cook over moderate heat until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add the shallots, carrots, celery and onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Return the turkey parts to the saucepan. Stir in the roasted garlic and peppercorns, add the remaining 6 cups of stock and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until the stock is reduced to 4 cups, about 1 1/2 hours. Strain the enriched stock into a heatproof bowl and discard the solids.
- Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and remove the rack from the pan. Pour the pan juices into a bowl and skim off the fat, reserving 2 tablespoons. Transfer the reserved fat to a saucepan. Add the butter and flour and cook over high heat, whisking constantly, until golden brown, 2 minutes. Add the enriched stock and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the gravy is reduced to 3 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Place the roasting pan over one burner on high heat. Add the strained, defatted pan drippings (there should be 1 cup) and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Strain the pan drippings into the gravy and season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Carve the turkey and transfer the slices to a platter. Serve with the gravy.
Note: To roast garlic, place 20 unpeeled cloves in a small baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Cover and roast at 375° for 40 minutes, until tender and caramelized. Let cool, then squeeze the garlic from the skins
Recipe adapted from foodandwine.com
Refreshing and festive, this is truly the perfect Christmas cocktail.
Sparkling Pear, Cranberry & Eau de Vie Cocktail
Total Time: 5 mins
- 500ml sparkling Pear Juice by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 100-200ml Eau de Vie by Paracombe Premium Perry
- juice of 1 lemon
Combine all the ingredients and mix well but don’t shake.
Pour into chilled glasses and serve.
Cocktail adapted from simply-delicious-food.comthespruce.com
Pear of Desire Cocktail
- 22mls citrus vodka
- 22mls Licor 43 (citrus-and-vanilla-flavored liqueur)
- 60mls pear juice, we recommend ‘100% Pear’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 15mls cream soda
- 30mls chilled ginger ale
- 1 or 2 pear slices, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a pint glass with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the ginger ale and pear slices and stir well. Strain into a chilled coupe, top with the ginger ale and garnish with the pear slices.
Cocktail adapted from foodandwine.com
Apple-Glazed Barbecues Baby Back Ribs
Preparation and Cooking Time: 4hrs 30mins
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons pure ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup apple cider, we recommend ‘Appleanche’ by Paracombe Premium Perry
- 1/4 cup apple jelly, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 pounds total)
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250°. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the sugar with the garlic salt, chile powder, salt, black pepper, celery salt, cayenne, cinnamon and white pepper. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the spice mix to a medium bowl and whisk in the cider, apple jelly, honey and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Pull the membrane off the underside of each rib rack using a towel to grasp the corner. On a rimmed baking sheet, rub the ribs with the remaining spice mix; bake, meaty side up, for 2 1/2 hours. Pour the cider mixture over the ribs and turn to coat. Tightly cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Light a grill. Uncover the ribs and brush with the barbecue sauce; grill over moderate heat, turning and brushing, until glazed, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes, then cut between the bones and serve.
Recipe adapted from foodandwine.com